| License to Carry Regular | License to Carry Private | Introduction to Handguns | Defensive Pistol |
INTRODUCTION TO HANDGUNS – A PRIVATE CLASS
This course is 2-1/2 hours in length and includes classroom instruction and shooting time at the range. It focuses on the fundamentals of handgun shooting techniques and covers:
- The elements of firearms safety
- Gun range protocol
- Handgun and ammunition components
- Loading and unloading a firearm
- Proper stance and grip
- Correct sight picture and trigger control
- Firing from a standing position
- Basic practice drills you can use later
- Cleaning your firearm
The instructor demonstrates correct technique and then works with each student one-on-one on the proper and efficient way to safely load and shoot a handgun. The course is a live-fire course with the students doing most of the firing. One-on-one coaching is a central element to this course.
|No combat/tactical here – we simply teach you how to shoot!
Whether you are new to shooting or "have been shooting awhile", this course will certainly increase your level of confidence and your handgun skills. During the class, you will have the opportunity to fire different firearm types and different calibers.
* Course fee includes the use of our firearms, ammunition, targets, eye/ear protection and range fees. If you already have a firearm, feel free to bring it – it's a great way to focus and train on your own gun.
An excellent "pre-course" for those wanting to get their LTC license.
This course is primarily for adults and older teenagers. Age 15-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The private Introduction to Handguns Class can be scheduled on Monday 9:30 – 12:00 PM, Wednesday 2:00 – 4:30 PM or Sundays 2:00 – 4:30 PM.
The fee for this class:
$99.00 per student
(Class size limited to 4)
^^ TOP ^^